Help us create maximum climate impact on a global scale
The climate enemy #1 is CO2, primarily caused by fossil fuel energy production. At Bright Sunday we dream of a sustainable planet with 100% renewable energy. Our objective is to reduce all barriers for companies to produce their own renewable electricity and reduce their energy consumption.
We offer commercial customers ”cleantech as a service”, primarily through an operating lease of solar PV systems. This makes it easy, risk-free and profitable to make the transition to a more sustainable future.
Bright Sunday is in a rapid scale-up phase. Currently we are active in Portugal and Spain where the objective is to deploy MEUR 250+ of cleantech solutions the coming four years. However, our ambition is global and our ultimate goal is to replace 1% of global CO2 caused by production of electricity. To reach this vision we need to grow 500 times our forecast for the coming four years.
We look for a high-potential, language-savvy Communication Manager with an international profile who shares our passion for business growth and climate impact. Most likely you have already acquired a set of professional experiences but now want a more senior, but still hands-on, role in a scale-up company where you will have full responsibility and backing to use all your creativity and skills to create world-leading communication in an area of passion for you. You will report to the CEO.
- Communication and brand strategy
- Communication production:
- Write and produce sales presentations, case studies, brochures, etc
- Write news releases, newsletters, articles and internal information
- Coordinate and approve the work of external partners, copywriters, photographers etc and keep track of deliverables and progress
- Coordinate with AD for production of communication
- Manage multi-language communication, eg translations of contracts and other documents
- Manage own channels:
- Produce, publish and manage content in own channels such as web, LinkedIn, Instagram and other potentially other relevant SoMe
- Participate in general digital development, eg with requirements
- Manage PR and events:
- Manage PR and generate publicity – establish and maintain external networks, partners, relations with public authorities, NGOs, etc
- Manage events and represent Bright Sunday at events, seminars, etc
- Other: Manage production and execution of bought media (if/when relevant)
Key performance metrics
- Contract volume
- Bright Sunday brand awareness and perception
Education and professional background
Degree in Communications and/or a MSc in Business and Economics.
Experience from communication/PR agency, corporate inhouse communications unit and international business is very meritorious.
- Creativity to communicate in different ways and excellent communication skills (both written and oral) – language skills and understanding of business culture in our target markets are very important. Full working proficiency in English is a must and if you are fluent in Spanish it is very meritorious. Do you, in addition, speak Swedish, Portuguese or other languages it is a plus
- Strong organizational and project management skills – you need to be able to manage multiple processes, partners and tasks simultaneously
- Digital literacy – you can manage our web and SoMe accounts
- Excellent interpersonal, networking and relationship building skills
- Passion for communication and a will to use communication as a means to make a difference for Bright Sunday, within the cleantech & energy sector and for the climate
- You have self-motivation and drive. You are a person who gets inspired by goals and shows responsibility and stamina to reach them
- You combine strong strategic skills with a hands-on approach and attention to detail. You get the job done fast and in the most cost-efficient way
- When dealing with partners and suppliers you set the highest professional standards and ensures Bright Sunday gets high quality deliveries on time and budget
- Flexible with a positive can-do attitude to manage also the unexpected – you work well under pressure and tight deadlines
- Team player who actively takes part in building Bright Sunday as a company
Individual, for discussion
Contact, application and process
We will continuously assess candidates and may use external partners for assessments, etc. Preliminary start date: January 2020.
For questions and application contact Niklas Engström, CEO at:
+46 (0)760 190 500 or firstname.lastname@example.org